This stallion service contract for shipped cooled semen is for the 2019 breeding season for the bay tobiano APHA stallion named Good N Lazy, APHA # 994,961, hereafter referred to as the stallion. This contract is entered into on the ________day of _____________________, 2019 by and between stallion owner, Heather Grovet, Galahad, AB, Canada, and ____________________________________________, mare owner.
Please print a copy of this contract, sign and mail, fax or email to stallion owner with a copy of your mare’s registration papers. Stallion owner will sign and return a copy to you.
The Mare: The registered name of the mare to be bred is ______________________________________, APHA/Other breed____________ Registration #________________________ Mare’s date of birth:____________ Mare’s colour_________________ Sire________________________Dam_______________________
· Mare must be in healthy and sound breeding condition, and free from infections, contagious and transmittable disease.
· Purchaser may not substitute another mare for breeding without prior, written consent of Heather Grovet.
· The mare’s health and mortality are the full responsibility of the mare owner before, during and after this breeding.
· The breeding season for shipped semen runs from Feb 1/2019 to April 15/2019 and then June 10 to July 15/2019 unless mutually agreed upon by both mare owner and Heather Grovet.
The following fees are associated with this breeding. All fees must be paid in full and received prior to any semen shipments. Payments should be made by certified cheque or e-transfer.
1. Booking fee – A non-refundable booking fee of $200 Canadian dollars (or $150 US dollars) is due at the signing of this contract to Heather Grovet. This will assure you of a slot in the booking schedule for the stallion.
2. Breeding fee – A non-refundable balance of $400 Canadian dollars (or $300 US dollars) is due prior to the first shipment. This fee, along with the booking fee, is for the stallion’s services. This would make the cost of stallion service fees $600 in Canadian dollars or $450 in American dollars. See considerations below.
3. Chute fee – No chute fee will be applied when stallion is collected for A.I. purposes.
4. Collection/shipping fees. We will be using Delaney Vet Services for all collections in 2019. Please contact them for these costs as they will be directly billed to the mare owner. Estimated costs as quoted by Delaney Vet Services was $300 Canadian ($225 US) for collection, plus the actual cost of shipping, which will vary on location and whether you use air transport or Fed Ex. Contact Delaney's at 780-922-3647 for more info.
5. Actual shipping costs will apply for Airline counter-to-counter shipments or UPS. The nearest commercial airport/city is Edmonton International Airport located near Edmonton, AB. Each shipment will require a collection/shippping fee.
Shipments – Requests for semen shipments are filled as received. Shipments will be coming from Delaney Vet Services, Sherwood Park, AB. Heather Grovet at Battle River Farms and Ken Schmuland at Rafter Diamond K Ranch agree to ship semen as required but will not be held responsible for any delays in shipping caused by UPS, the vet clinic, etc.
We request you contact Ken Schmuland at 780-915-3026 and give him at least 24 hours notice when you will have your mare ultrasounded. Ken will then book a tentative collection appointment for that morning in case your mare is ready to be bred. If she is not ready to ship, just let Ken know ASAP and we will cancel the appointment at no charge, and then book again on your next ultrasound appointment. You MUST let Ken know if your mare is not ready so he can cancel the appointment or a $150 travel fee with be charged.
·Delaney Vet Clinic only ships Monday to Friday on regular business days. Please call before 9:00 am MST on the expected shipping date to confirm shipment.
Cooled Semen Handling: Mare owner agrees to perform the insemination within 48 hours of receipt.
Mare Owner Responsibility: The responsibility for conception is on the mare owner. A qualified, experienced and licensed veterinarian competent in the use and handling of cooled semen should perform the insemination. If mare fails to conceive from first shipment, mare owner is required to have mare cultured by a veterinarian and infused, if necessary. Should conception not occur after three shippments, the stallion owner shall have earned all chute and booking fees and all expenses occured, but not the balance of the breeding fee, and shall have no further obligation to the mare owner.
American mare owners: American mare owners are responsible for all permits and charges including duty that may be required.
Re-breeding – The mare will have the right to a re-breed in the 2020 breeding season under the following conditions.
1) Live Foal Guarantee – In the event that the mare is barren, aborts or produces a foal that is unable to stand alone and nurse, and subsequently dies within the first 24 hours, a return breeding will be guaranteed the following year only.
2) Colour guarantee – The foal will be eligible for APHA Regular Registration or a half price re-breed will be granted the following year only. This colour guarantee applies to all mares whether AQHA, APHA regular registry or APHA SPB. Due to the changes in APHA, foals that appear SPB but carry a colour characteristic such as a blue eye, freckles on white markings, high white legs, may now qualify for Regular Registry where they wouldn't before. Any mare owner with a foal that appears SPB must send a photo to Heather Grovet for inspection before qualifying for the half price re-breed.
·Purchaser agrees that Heather Grovet does not make any guarantees to the quality of the foal, or that the foal will be free of any infirmity, conformation defect, disease or inherited trait.
· Collection/chute and shipping fees will apply to all re-breeding, whether caused by a deceased foal or a SPB.
· Guarantee applies for the initial breeding only and does not apply to re-breedings, free/donated or auction breedings.
Considerations –Proven performance mares are eligible for the following breeding fee considerations. Collection/chute and shipping fees still apply.
APHA/AQHA performance ROM earner or producer $50 Canadian ($37 US) discount.
APHA/AQHA performance Superior earner or producer $100 Canadian ($75 US) discount.
APHA/AQHA performance Reserve World champion earner or producer $200 Canadian ($150 US) discount
APHA/AQHA performance World Champion earner or producer – no booking or breeding fee required (collection, chute and shipping fees still apply)
Multiple Mare discount – Second mare booked within the same breeding season will receive a multiple mare discount of $50 Canadian ($37 US) off each mare. Three mares booked within the same breeding season will receive a multiple mare discount of $75 Canadian ($55 US) off each mare. Multiple mare and performance fees may be combined.
Repeat mare owner - Mare owners that bred to Good N Lazy in 2018 will receive a $50 Canadian ($37 US) discount to breed any of their mares in 2019.
Breeder’s Trust – The stallion will be nominated for the 2019 Breeder’s Trust, and the Alberta CCF futurity.
Non-Assignment – This agreement cannot be transferred or assigned by the purchaser. There shall be no right to a re-breed to the stallion if the mare is sold or otherwise changes ownership after being serviced by the stallion.
Death of mare or stallion – If the stallion dies or becomes injured to the point that he can no longer be used for breeding before servicing the mare, then all fees including booking fees shall be returned to the mare owner. If the mare dies or becomes unfit for breeding, then a substitute mare may be sent upon notification to Heather Grovet.
Breeder’s Certificate– will be issued for the foal conceived by this mating when stallion service fee and all other expenses have been paid in full, and upon notification that the mare has produced a live foal.
Warranty – Heather Grovet or any employees of Battle River Farms, Ken Schmuland or any employees of Rafter Diamond K Ranch, or Delaney Vet Clinic will not be responsible for any injury to mare, foal, purchaser, family members or their property/possessions. Stallion owner and Delaney Vet Clinic will not be responsible for lost, delayed or damaged semen and make no representation of warranties of any kind with respect to any semen furnished except that it is the stallion’s semen.
Mare Owner:___________________________________________ Phone #:_______________________ Address:_________________________________________ City:___________________ Province/state_____________ Email:______________________________________________________ Mare owner’s signature____________________________________________________ Date:_________________________________________
Heather Grovet____________________________ Date:_______________________________________
Heather Grovet, Box 12, Galahad, AB, Canada T0B 1R0 Home (780)583-3926 cell (780)385-5035 firstname.lastname@example.org www.battleriverfarms.com